|Arnaud Comte |
33 472 431 417
Compound Library, chemical biology, screening, organic synthesis, SAR, structural optimization, custom synthesis
ACTIVITES DE RECHERCHE / SERVICES
The ICBMS compound library was created in 2001 to promote the screening of Lyon 1 University synthetic compound collection and to be in charge of hit-to-lead optimization process and various studies (synthesis of focused libraries, SAR models…) in collaboration with researchers in the fields of biology and biochemistry.
Currently, we offer two distinct technical ressources/services :
1) The Lyon 1 Compound Library: a collection of +3500 selected synthetic compounds (large chemical space, mostly non-commercial and highly original) in a format suitable for manual or automated screening
2) Our custom chemical synthesis services :
- Synthesis of various small molecules (API and bioactives, analytical standards, impurities, building blocks and reagents…)
- Use of various research areas available at ICBMS (with expertise in heterocyclic and organometallic chemistry, catalysis)
- Medicinal chemistry (SAR, analogues) and design of synthesis route
- Optimization and upscaling (from mg to g/kg) for non-GMP applications
Our fields of research and collaborations are mainly related to:
- oncology (design of TRAIL inducing molecules in cancer cells, kinase inhibitors…),
- rare diseases, antiparasitic or antibacterial compounds, inflammatory and cellular necrosis related disorders.
COMPETENCES / MOYENS TECHNIQUES
Lyon 1 University – ICBMS Compound library : containing +3500 synthetic or natural molecules (functionalized heterocycles, fluorinated products, natural compound derivatives, peptides, amino acids and nucleoside analogues…)
Standard organic chemistry equipement and 45m2 of dedicated laboratory space for multistep synthesis, acces to microwave synthesizer, high pressure vessels and reactors up to 10L.
Synthetic know-how in various fields of organic synthesis (heterocyclic chemistry, organometallic catalysis, natural products…)
Access at ICBMS to in-house NMR (300-500 MHz), mass spectrometry (GC and LC/MS) and various other methods for characterisation of compounds
Access to an Hamilton automated liquid handling workstation
OU NOUS TROUVER ?
UMR5246 Institut de Chimie et Biochimie Moléculaires et Supramoléculaires (ICBMS)
UCB Lyon1 – bat. Lederer – 1 rue Victor Grignard